Sunday, November 28, 2010

DIY Advent Calendar: Completed!

I finished the Advent calendar. I can't say that I am 100% in love with it or satisfied but I figure it is ok for this year and I can reevaluate it next year.

Here are all of the ornaments:
Each ornament corresponds with a Bible verse so I figured I would post those in case anyone is looking for ideas.  If you feel intimidated by having so much to do, remember, you only have to make the ornament for the next day--you don't have to make them all at once!
Star--Psalm 147:4 He counts the stars and calls them all by name.

Heart-- Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

World-- Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.

Easel--Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
 
Eagle--Isaiah 40:31 They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. 
 
Salt Shaker--Matthew 5:13 “You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.” 
 
Bandaid--Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Fish--Matthew 4:19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”

Bread--John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

Rose--Song of Solomon 2:1 I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys. 

Sheep--John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Shepherd--John 10:11 “I am the good shepherd.”

Cross--Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Rock--2 Samuel 22:2 He sang: “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;”

Peace Sign--Numbers 6:24 “ ‘ “The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; 26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.” ’

Treasure Chest--Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

Gift--James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
Barbell--Philipians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 

Branch--John 15:5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.”

House--John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

Apple--Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings 

Fruit--Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness and self‑control. Against such things there is no law.

Duck--Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 

Lion--Psalm 34:10 Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing.

Lamp--Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

And this is what the calendar looks like as a countdown.  The ornaments replace the gifts on the tree.  

Here is the post about phase 1 of my calendar.

All Thingz Related Photobucketabc buttonShow and Tell Green
  The Girl CreativemonogramJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the  weekend      wrap    up           party!No Time For Flash Cards

10 comments:

  1. That came out super cute! I love it!!! And your blog design is adorable too! :)
    I’m stopping by from No Time For Flash Card’s “Show Us Your Best”. I hope you’ll do the same! You can see read my “best” @ http://sofiasideas.com/2010/11/27/shrink-that-growing-giant-2/
    Sofia’s Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made this! I need to make one for us somehow but don't have any felt, etc... hmmm.. could buy one but I doubt I'd fine something with as great bible verses & symbols as yours!

    http://livingwiththemartins.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. imagine my surprise when i was reading through the blogger ideas at notimeforflashcards.com and i saw your face on this blog. hope you've been doing well! still bummed that we were too far away to make it to playdates :( .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea! I'm in the middle of my advent calendar (still not finished!) and am putting verses into the pockets with sweets or toys. But I love the idea of linking the verses to symbols for the tree. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love your advent calendar. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, I am definitely going to be using some of your verses!! I had a hard time finding verses I wanted this year.
    Have a great holiday season!
    Visiting from "Show and Tell" over at ABC & 123

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative making each one coordinate with a verse. It adds a little more significance to the activity as a whole. Great job! It's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! Thanks so much for linking up with Sassy Sites for our Christmas Party! Be sure to check back often and I hope you link up with us again! xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute! I just made a similar (ish) kids Advent Calendar, but I LOVE that yours corresponds to verses... Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...